Whether you are teaching for the first time, revising an old course, or simply looking for new, evidence-based practices - join us for a Design Sprint. This free program focuses on in-person, blended, and online courses and consists of four webinars, plus 1:1 instructional design support.
This program will guide you to:
- Build community in your course
- Incorporate inclusive and engaging teaching practices
- Design an effective ELMS user-experience
- Align assignments to your course goals
- Increase feedback and simplify communication with your students
- Develop multimedia for effective learning
Schedule of Offerings:
This program runs four times each year: August, November, January, and May
- Register now for the August Session!
- Meet four times via Zoom on the first four Mondays in August.
- Aug 1, 2022 10:00 AM, EST
- Aug 8, 2022 10:00 AM, EST
- Aug 15, 2022 10:00 AM, EST
- Aug 22, 2022 10:00 AM, EST
Testimonials from UMD Instructors
I appreciated the piece-by-piece activities to work on our courses, because that helped me focus on just one thing at a time. I was able to spend each week thinking about one aspect of the course, and now I feel like I have a much stronger handle on my course as a whole. (June 2020 participant)
I liked the layer of comforting support overall... to know I am not alone in what I don't know! (Nov 2020)
I liked how it offered a holistic approach to cultivating a learning environment that I can apply to different modalities and all of my classes. (May 2021)
The 1:1 consultations were incredibly helpful! Thank you so much! (Nov 2020)
It was all very good with a lot of information that I needed. So much info, I feel I could take it again and again and learn something new each time. (June 2020)