Consultations are designed to support UMD instructors (faculty, staff, and graduate assistants) in their teaching journeys.
TLTC consultants work with you one-on-one based on your goals. You determine the issues to be explored, and we provide an outside perspective, support for a plan of action, and suggestions for additional resources. Meetings are voluntary, completely confidential, and non-evaluative. Documentation will be done only at your request.
Working with a TLTC consultant offers an opportunity to explore:
- Teaching, assessment, and classroom management
- Classroom feedback methods
- Student evaluation data
- Development or review of instructional materials such as syllabi, exams, assignments, and ELMS-Canvas sites
- Course design for your in-person, online, or hybrid course
- Developing and refining your teaching philosophy statement or teaching portfolio
- Pedagogical considerations for integrating instructional technology
- Requests to create or help scale instructor or graduate assistant teaching support, orientations, and onboarding
- Workshop, program, and learning community collaborations for your program, department, or school