Become a GSS Leader
- Complete the Student Leader Application (We are still accepting Fall 2023 applications on a rolling basis through the summer, apply today!)
- Complete the availability matrix that includes the time you are available to hold GSS sessions.
- Provide an unofficial copy of your transcript.
- Materials should be submitted to Ms. Danielle Pafe at email@example.com.
Role of The GSS Leader
The GSS Leaders serve as model students. GSS leaders:
- Attend class, read assignments, complete homework.
- Structure sessions to encourage group learning and student interaction.
- Encourage students to take advantage of resources to be successful in the course.
- Assist students in learning the course material.
- Model appropriate learning strategies and techniques to help students become successful in the course.
GSS Leaders Have
- An interest in motivating other learners.
- An A-, A, or A+ in the course they wish to support.
- A 3.0 Cumulative GPA or better.
- At least 12 credit hours from UMD at the time of application.
- A schedule that allows you to dedicate approximately 10 hours per week to GSS.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Space in your course schedule for TLTC310.
GSS Leader Responsibilities
- Attend their assigned course.
- Structure GSS sessions twice a week to encourage group learning and student interaction.
- Provide a minimum of 22 sessions per semester.
- Participate in various trainings per semester.
- Register for the 3 credit course TLTC310 during the first semester serving as a GSS Leader.