The Elevate Fellows program is open to all full-time faculty members and instructors. Meet the fellows!
What should I expect?
Elevate Fellows is a year-long program designed to guide you through the process of course redesign. As such, fellows are expected to:
- Commit 6-8 hours a month to the program
- Participate in 75 minute faculty learning community (FLC) meetings every other week in the Spring and Fall semester
- Complete short pre-work prior to each FLC meeting
- Develop a course redesign plan by the end of the Spring semester in the program, comprised of learning outcomes, assessment map, and pedagogies
- Pilot course redesign in the Fall or the following Spring and conduct evaluations to determine how course redesign has impacted student learning
- Attend one workshop or course observation per semester
- Consult one-on-one with TLTC staff
- Participate in program assessment activities (e.g. written reflections, peer observations, and surveys)
To learn more about the FLC meetings and expectations for participation, explore the draft syllabus.
What are the benefits?
Participating in the Elevate Fellows program provides several benefits to instructors:
- Funding of up to $8,000 to support course transformation (How can I use this funding?)
- Support from TLTC to help facilitate redesign and evaluation of redesign
- Participation in a motivating learning community with colleagues from across campus
- Opportunities to explore research on teaching and learning, connect research to practice, and reflect on your teaching
- Techniques to foster deeper connections with students and have a more enjoyable teaching experience