The Elevate Fellows program is open to all full-time faculty members and instructors. Meet the fellows!
What should I expect?
Elevate Fellows is a year-long program designed to guide you through the process of course redesign. As such, fellows are expected to:
- Commit 6-8 hours a month to the program
- Participate in 75 minute faculty learning community (FLC) meetings every other week in the Spring and Fall semester
- Complete short pre-work prior to each FLC meeting
- Develop a course redesign plan by the end of the Spring semester in the program, comprised of learning outcomes, assessment map, and pedagogies
- Pilot course redesign in the Fall or the following Spring and conduct evaluations to determine how course redesign has impacted student learning
- Attend one workshop or course observation per semester
- Consult one-on-one with TLTC staff
- Participate in program assessment activities (e.g. written reflections, peer observations, and surveys)
What are the benefits?
Participating in the Elevate Fellows program provides several benefits to instructors:
- Funding of up to $8,000 to support course transformation (How can I use this funding?)
- Support from TLTC to help facilitate redesign and evaluation of redesign
- Participation in a motivating learning community with colleagues from across campus
- Opportunities to explore research on teaching and learning, connect research to practice, and reflect on your teaching
- Techniques to foster deeper connections with students and have a more enjoyable teaching experience