Faculty Fellows receive a total of up to $8,000 ($7,000 of Elevate Fellows funds and $1,000 of matching department funds) to support the redesign of their course. Funding is distributed in three installments: typically $1000 at the start of the redesign, up to $6000 during the redesign process (distributed after July 1), and the final $1000 at the end of the program. Timely distribution of funds is dependent upon completion of specific program requirements, and may vary if the redesigned course pilot is conducted in the Fall or Spring semesters. Funds can be used for professional needs related to teaching, but not research or course buy-outs.
Approved funding options include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Support post-docs, graduate or undergraduate students, education specialists, and/or video creation or editing experts to help produce materials and resources for your redesign before or during the pilot.
- Purchase materials, like software or supplies, directly related to the course redesign.
- Professional development activities related to teaching and learning (e.g., attend teaching & learning conference)
- Summer salary to work on course redesign (for 9 month employees only)
- Other reasonable expenditures to be discussed with the TLTC
Fellows submit a proposed budget with their application, and a final budget with their redesign plan prior to piloting the redesign course. Expenditures may need to be approved by department or unit in addition to the TLTC. Learn more about the program requirements and funding in the Fellow's agreement.